1. Does the TEI of Eastern Macedonia and Thrace exist today?
No, it has been removed. Accordingly, all schools and departments that existed in TEI of Thessaloniki, TEI of Central Macedonia and TEI of Eastern Macedonia & Thrace were abolished and merged into International Hellenic University.
2. Where do the students of the Accounting and Finance Department belong?
The students of the Department of Accounting and Finance who -at the time of the new law entry- have not completed all the obligations required by the study program to obtain a degree, automatically join the Department of Accounting and Finance of IHU and continue to complete the syllabus of the old TEI department and will receive the TEI degree.
3. What regulation is valid for students who have exceeded 12 semesters from their first year of admission?
Those students can complete the obligations of the Department of Accounting and Finance and will receive a TEI of Eastern Macedonia and Thrace degree.
4. Which students have the right to ask for a university degree from IHU?
Students who have successfully completed their obligations by June 2019 according to the course syllabus, as well as those who have been successfully examined in the required courses for obtaining the degree of the Department of Accounting and Finance after the examination in September 2019 and have not exceeded 12 semesters from the year of their first admission, they have the option (after making an application to the secretariat of the Department of Accounting and Finance), instead of receiving a degree in Accounting and Finance T.E.I., to attend an additional 9 courses from the syllabus of the Department of Accounting and Finance in order to obtain a university degree from IHU.
5. What can students who have passed through 2012 do?
Students of this category (n+2, i.e. 13th semester and older), according to the law, do not have the right to submit an application for receiving a IHU University degree. Therefore, they will have to successfully complete their obligations according to the current curriculum in their year of admission, with the same conditions as before, i.e. successful completion of 35 compulsory and 4 optional-compulsory courses, as well as the completion of the student Internship and an undergraduate Thesis.
6. What students who have passed after 2012 can do?
Those students have two options:
- Obtain a degree from IHU after successfully attending all the courses of the old curriculum within 12 semesters, completing the student Internship, taking an undergraduate thesis, and attending 9 additional courses of the new curicullum. THey need to submit an application to the Department secretariat in order to receive the degree of Accounting and Finance of IHU.
- To take the degree of Accounting and Finance TEI of Eastern Macedonia and Thrace by attending the courses of the old curriculum under the same conditions valid until now, i.e. success in the 35 compulsory and 4 optional compulsory courses, as well as the preparation of the undergraduate thesis and the completion of the student internship.
7. Which are the conditions for a student to get an IHU degree?
Students who choose to reveive an IHU degree, they have to comply with ALL the following requirements:
a. They do not have passed the 12th semester of studies.
b. They have passed all courses of the curriculum of the respected Department.
c. They have completed student intership and undergraduate thesis.
d. They have submitted a legal statement to the secretariat of the Accounting and Finance Department. This statement should be submitted to the Department secretariat and be received either until 15 September 2019, or within sixty (60) days after posting the grade of the last course.The above statement can be revoked by a new application of the interested party no later than six (6) months after the filing of the initial statement.
e. They have to attend the nine (9) courses which have been defined (as requirements for an IHU degree).
8. Can all students of the Accounting and Finance Department of TEI apply for inclusion in the new IHU program later?
Students who fulfill conditions a, b and c as explained earlier, have the option to make such an application.
9. If they meet the conditions for inclusion in the new IHU program, what is the procedure they must follow?
Students can make an application to Department's secretariat and attend additional courses from the curriculum of the new IHU Department and finaly receive a university education degree (instead of taking a TEI degree).
10. Until when can they still apply?
The application can be submitted within sixty (60) days from the announcement of the last course score (as of September 2019 examination and the dealine will be announced). The signed application and the legal declaration are being submitted in printed form to the Secretariat of the Department.
11. Can students withdraw their application at any time?
No, it can be revoked by making a new application, no later than 6 months after the initial submitted one.
12. What applies to students who will be in their 3rd, 5th and 7th semester of their studies during the 2019-2020 adademic year? Do they need to make an application in the preceding years? Should they wait for a new announcement, or will they also have to make an application by the 15-9-2019 deadline?
Students who had registered to the Department of Accounting and Finance of TEI during the academic year 2018–19 or earlier must successfully complete all courses (compulsory and mandatory electives) of the curriculum of the Department of Accounting and Finance of TEI to which they were admitted. Then, they can apply for the IHU Accounting and Finance degree, taking onto account that the duration of their studies should not exceed 12 semesters and that they must have completed the 9 additional courses (compulsory and mandatory electives) of the new curriculum, as well as prepare their thesis and complete their internship.
13. It is mandatory for students to obtain a University degree?
No, students who do not wish to receive the University degree although they are eligible, do not need to take any further action.
14. Is the list of nine (9) courses set for the University degree eligible for renewal?
No, for now they won't change. However, they may change in the future and other courses may be defined. The list of courses can be found at http://ad.teikav.edu.gr/index.php?option=com_content&view= article&id=605 &Itemid=173
15.Εάν υποβληθεί αίτηση για τη λήψη Πανεπιστημιακού τίτλου σπουδών, πότε θα διδαχθούν και εξεταστούν τα επί πλέον μαθήματα;
The additional courses for obtaining a University degree in the Department of Accounting and Finance will be taught from October 2019, in the corresponding semesters of the new curriculum and will be examined in the corresponding exam periods. Depending on the Department's available resources, those courses may be offered in lower semesters of the new curriculum.
16. What types of courses the new curriculum consist of?
The courses in the new curriculum are categorized as (similar to the old curriculum) as: Compulsory (Y) and Elective Compulsory (EY).
17. Is there any other distinction made in the new curriculum regarding courses?
Yes, courses belong to General Infrastructure (GY), Special Infrastructure (EY), Specialty (EI) and Administration, Economics, Legislation and Humanities. (AELH), as in the old curriculum.
18. Is there a matching of courses between the old and the new curriculum?
No there is not. Each course recognition request made from another curriculum will be judged individualy by the responsible professor.
19. Why the number of additional courses a student of the former TEIs has to attend to get an IHU degree is not the same in all TEI Departments?
It is not the same since it depends on the degree the subject of the Department has changed during the curriculum transition.
20. Do students of the old Accounting and Finance Department of the former TEI have the same obligations and follow the same rules in order to obtain a TEI Degree as the students of the new Accounting and Finance department of IHU?
No, students of the former TEI Department of Accounting and Finance have different obligations and follow different rules than the students of the new Accounting and Finance department of IHU.
21. In case a student has passed a given course of the old curriculum which has changed title or type (Y or EY) in the new curriculum, will the student have to attend the course again?;
Although this not related to the new curriculum, such cases are possible due to a partial restructuring of the old curriculum. The answer is no, under no circumstances is it allowed to successfully attend two courses if they are assigned the same or different name. There are such changes in the old curriculum.
22. Can a graduate of the TEI Accounting and Finance Department obtain the new IHU degree?
For the graduates of all TEI Departments there is no such provision by the law. This issue is not allowed to be regulated by the Departments or the Universities themselves. The relevant legislation is the responsibility and matter of the Ministry of Education. Therefore the only option the graduate has is:
a. To succeed in the qualifying exams of December 2019 based on the Department's procedures.
b. To be recognized the courses students had successfully attended in the TEI Curriculum.
c. To fulfill the necessary conditions for obtaining the new university degree (48 courses in 8 semesters).
23. What a student can do to receive a degree as soon as possible, but also wants to obtain the new IHU degree?
Students can complete their studies by meeting all requirements (39 courses + graduation + internship) to obtain the TEI degree and then to follow a, b and c previously explained options.
24. Can a student who was admitted in September 2019 to attend the old curriculum of TEI (Department of Accounting and Finance) and obtain the old TEI degree?
No, the completion of studies at IHU and the acquisition of a university degree for newly admitted students is the only option.
25. How many study programs are currently active in the Department (of Accounting and Finance)?
There is the Old Curriculum (TEI) and the New Curriculum (IHU).
26. Is there any difference between the implementations of the curriculum compared to the originally approved one?
No there is not. There is only one swap of semesters between Financial Accounting ΙII and Financial Statement Analysis. Any changes made will take place after the full implementation of the new curriculum (i.e. in September 2023).
27. Can a student who attends the new curriculum to register for courses in a later semester? (e.g. 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th semesters)
No, students can attend the courses of the semester they belong to (or an earlier one).
28. Should the courses that a student attend be declared in the Electronic Secretariat (platform) or does the Secretariat do this for them?
Student have to submit to the Electronic Secretariat the courses they wish to attend in the current semester, regardless of which study program they attends (new or old one).
29. Are all the courses of the old curriculum taught regularly during all semesters?
The Department has decided that, as time and semesters lapse, the courses of previous semesters will not be taught. Thus, the only teaching timetable available today should be of the 6th semester.
However, in order to make it easier for students to attend courses from previous semesters that they may not have attended for any reason, there are also 2nd and 4th semester courses that are taught this year as an exception.
30. Are there any similar courses betrween the new and the old curriculum?
In the vast majority, there is variation in the content of the courses, even if the courses have the same title. The responsible person to answer this question for each course is the professor of each course. For example, in Informatics I there is a difference in content between the old and the new curriculum. On the other hand, in Computer Science II there is no difference in course content.
31. How Research Methods, Graduate Seminar and Undergraduate Thesis are linked to each other?
In order students to prepare their undergraduate thesis, they must have completed the Graduate Seminar. However, in order to be able to attend the Graduate Seminar, they have to pass Research Methods, with a grade of at least 2.
32. How many times the Graduate Seminar is being taught during each academic year?
In order to make it easier for students to attend the Graduate Seminar, it is exceptionally taught in both the winter and spring semesters. It is the only course taught twice during a single academic year.
33. How student internship and the Graduate Seminar are being linked with each other?
No, none of them is a prerequisite for the other.
34. Which are the requirements for a student intership?
Students have to attend the 8th (or later) semester of studies and to have passed at least 26 courses (including 6 specialty courses).
35. Which are the specialty courses of the old curriculum? How many are they?
The old curriculum inludes 13 specialization courses.
36. Why there is a difference in the teaching semester of some courses?
Although effort was paid to ensure that there is no difference in the teaching of the courses according to the old curriculum, some parameters such as the unexpected loss of a colleague professor, as well as the retirement of another one, created unexpected needs that were met in various flexible ways.
The lengthy delay in the approval of faculty member positions despite the Department's timely requests, exacerbates the problem in the Department. There is partial coverage by the Department's external partners.